Having your home fully or partially rewired is a big undertaking on your family and can be a stressful time, having to vacate the property during the rewire and financially. So, it’s vital you engage with a qualified and experienced electrical company to undertake this type of work to support you from start to finish.
At Edinburgh City Electrical Contractors, we always work close with the client prior to the project starting so they are fully aware of what to expect from the work that is going to be carried out.
We have a team of highly skilled and experienced Electricians who have undertaken many rewire projects over the years in all property types throughout Edinburgh, so you can be confident you have chosen the correct contractors for the job.
Our latest rewire project was carried out in a beautiful Victorian family home with 4 bedrooms, 1 reception room and a large kitchen diner in Newhaven, Edinburgh.
- We assessed the property during a site visit between the client and Wayne Archibald (Managing Director), explaining the whole process from start to finish. During the site visit we provided a list of our requirements to be met by the client prior to starting the project. (Vacate the property for the duration of the job (not always the case), move/cover all furniture and personal belongings).
Prior to the Project Starting
- We provided dust sheets and carpet coverings.
- We informed the neighbours, that there will be a lot of noise from the property during the day whilst the work is being carried out. As well as providing a contact number for ECEC, in the event of any queries being raised by the neighbours.
- The property was stripped of old wiring under floorboards, in walls, sockets, lights and light switches.
- Walls were cut open (raggle) and new wiring was installed to all the various points throughout the property, then replastered, by a professional plasterer we work with.
- A new RCD protected metal fuse board was installed.
- New sockets, lighting and light switches were installed to the client’s specification.
- Floors and carpets were put back like we had never been there.
- On completion of the re-wire, the electrics were tested and certified.
- The property was cleaned ready for the client’s safe return.